General Application Process Information
In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Executive Order 11246, and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, as amended, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 , Vanderbilt University Medical Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law in its administration of policies, programs, or employment. Equally unacceptable within VUMC is the discrimination against individuals on the basis of their sexual orientation , gender identity , or gender consistent with the VUMC’s Anti-harassment, Non-discrimination and Anti-retaliation policy.. Inquiries or complaints should be directed to Human Resources Attention: Employee Relations; 2525 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203. Telephone: (615) 343-4759; Fax (615) 343-6388; email email@example.com.
Please read the following agreements carefully before submitting your application/profile. Your submittal acknowledges that you have read, understood and authorize any person, agency or other entity contracted by Vanderbilt University Medical Center or its agents, to furnish the following mentioned information:
· In connection with my application for employment with Vanderbilt University Medical Center, I understand that if I receive a conditional offer of employment, Vanderbilt University Medical Center will conduct a background check. Therefore, authorize Vanderbilt University Medical Center or its agents to obtain a consumer report and/or investigative consumer report about my background, including but not limited to information as to my employment, education, consumer credit, driving record, social security number verification, criminal record/history and/or other public records. I authorize all persons to fully disclose information relevant to this investigation, as well as any reference checks performed as a part of the hiring process. I release from liability all persons, companies and governmental or other agencies disclosing any such information. I further authorize that an electronic submission of this authorization may be considered as an original.
· The Fair Credit Reporting Act gives you specific rights, for complete text of the FCRA, please reference their website at http://www.ftc.gov.
· You understand that you must be able to perform the essential functions of any job with or without reasonable accommodations for which you are offered employment, which might include physical standards established by Vanderbilt University Medical Center. You understand that, if offered employment, you might be required as a condition of employment to take a physical examination. You also understand that during employment you might from time to time be subjected to physical examinations and/or physical ability tests to demonstrate that you can perform the essential functions of your job. If you need or have questions about reasonable accommodations, please contact Human Resources Attention: Employee Relations; 2525 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203. Telephone: (615) 343-4759; Fax (615) 343-6388; email firstname.lastname@example.org.· You understand that Vanderbilt University Medical Center may from time to time require that you take a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
· You give Vanderbilt University Medical Center approval to contact all of your prior employers and obtain job-related information. You release Vanderbilt University Medical Center from liability for seeking your prior employer information and all other persons, corporations/organizations providing such information.
· I have read this form, understand and authorize any person, agency or other entity contacted by Vanderbilt University Medical Center or its agents, to furnish the information referenced on this form.
· By submitting your application for consideration, you certify that all of the information on this application and any attachments you provide are true to the best of your knowledge. You understand and agree that any misrepresentations or omission of facts on this application and any attachments you provide may prevent you from being hired, or if hired, may be grounds for immediate termination of employment.
Export Compliance Notice
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to compliance with federal laws and regulations governing exports and ensuring such compliance is consistent with the Vanderbilt University Medical Center's open academic environment that fosters intellectual creativity, freedom to carry out research in an unrestricted manner, and the open dissemination of research results. All activities undertaken by our Vanderbilt University Medical Center community, including research activities, must comply with the export control regulations and Vanderbilt University Medical Center policies, procedures and standards already in place. Due to the nature of work performed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the position you are applying for may be subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations.
The export control laws and regulations restrict:
the release or disclosure of certain, specific technology, technical data, software, and information to certain, specific foreign nationals within or outside the U.S.
the furnishing of defense services to foreign persons whether in the United States or abroad;
the shipment or other transmission of items or defense articles outside the United States; and
the ability to export or otherwise transact with certain identified individuals, entities and countries.
Certain export transactions require a license or other written approval from the U.S. government prior to export. Some transactions are prohibited due to the end-use, end-user, or country involved. These requirements are in place for national security and other foreign policy reasons.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon your ability to perform the job duties in satisfaction and compliance with export control laws and regulations.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact the Human Resources team at 615-343-7000 or email@example.com.